Sunday, July 12, 2009

Saturday showdown

Didn’t go to badminton or volleyball on Long Island. Neither did I go to the Gotham Rollerderby (which feels like my biggest lost for the weekend). Instead I:
Slept til noon. Watched The Rock for the second time in 24h (they’ve edited it: “Doing your best? Losers always wining about doing their best. Winners go home fuck the prom queen” was now “Winners go home date the prom queen”. We love the hypocoristic US, no problem showing slaughtered limbs but damn if someone verbally moves remotely close to sex.)
Went to Hudson Hotel for drinks with Peter, Ashley and Flippa. Before we got drunk we managed to spill two large Sangrias over the table. Kudos.
Over to Felix for dinner with fifteen other people and ate Risotto D’Jour. It was a vegetable risotto with calamaris. Hilarious, right?
To a rooftop party that Peter “had to attend” and when the rain hit we moved towards his apartment and played Rock Band. I wish I could say I kicked some rock-ass, but that would be an exaggeration and a lie. Truth be told: I sucked.
Over to David’s apartment to meet roommate Jakob and his friends and then to “some new club”. It was interesting and then I was too tired and wanted to leave but accompanied them to the next club but left the queue and finally went home.

No comments: