Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Love of the game

I am, of course, blue.


We have a foosball table at our work. Two actually, but hey, I can only play one game at a time.
And it’s getting just as addictive as the running.
Maybe it’s because we athletes have this inner, multi-layered spirit, deep within us, something that makes us challenge, no - push - ourselves to the very edge. Seeking the core of victory is perhaps our given quest in life.
Louise beats the shit out of me fair and square pretty much every time.
I try to tell her that it’s not just about winning. It’s about winning; playing the beautiful game, passing the ball, throwing tactics onto the pitch.
I see it as a serious offense to not use my undisputed wits and understanding of this game here.
She just laughs and scores again.

From an imminent winners perspective.

No comments: