Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Bowling and holy god

Got rudely awaked by a friend last Sunday.
"You have to come and bowl today, the girl I date wants to meet my friends", he yelled and I was still too drunk to grasp the seriousness in the situation, and happily accepted the invitation.
We ended up four guys and four girls, or should I say women, cause the woman he dates is none other than a, for Sweden, celebrity, and she was 40+, as we say. And so were her friends.
It was actually quite nice despite my team finished last. Of course I blame it on my teammate, cause after I my first beer of the day, I striked away.
Then, something very, very interesting happened. They invited us to join a Sunday holy moment in church. It was way too intriguing to decline, so we said yes. It was far from what I expected: it was a rock show.
A live band, young hot people, and a frantic crowd. Everything was rather nice, and then you heard the lyrics.
God here, Jesus there. And you started to realize that this is the “new” way of embracing god. The modern way. The 21st century way of accepting Jesus as your pilot.
Afterwards we were all quite…hmmm struck by the moment so to speak and I even had to take a long walk home to digest the perhaps weirdest hung over Sunday ever.

No comments: