Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Two laps

That was all that was needed. I was completely spent after it. Jisus christ. All this running have surely not made my arms stronger. But I managed to stay afloat. Just.

Casually smiled at my other two opponents/swim-buds. Two chicks. I even left my swim-hat on the side on purpose, cause I didn't want to make the impression of me being super-good. I know I must look like a friggin' stealth missile piercing through the water when I'm geared up. Both severely heavy on the brink of obese and of course both were much, much better than me. It was the top of the ice berg of Wednesday humiliation.

But I persisted. Splashed myself through the chlorine-heavy water. Adjusted my googles as accustomed after every-other lap, and tried to avoid to directly hit the bottom as I'm still learning how to turn properly. It's the least of my worries though, as I persuade myself to belive that no one sees me while I'm doing it. Hence I'm under the surface.

No comments: