Monday, August 29, 2011

This is a pre-copy-paste of my finish in this year's New York Marathon

It will be epic.

That said; it make me a little bit* sick that the commentator keeps talking about the second place Mo Farah. Especially since he lost - it's obviously cause he's British. And the winner, Ibrahim Jeilan, is Ethiopian and yells about Allah at the end. Europe didn't have their triumph, but fuck them if they're gonna stop talking about their runner up and not about the most impressive last lap since...

Man. Seriously:

Imagine if it would have been the other way around. Switch place with the Brit and the Ethiopian to catch my drift.

This is a fucking astonishing performance, seriously - his last lap was 52 seconds. That is so impressive I encourage you to Google that stat. But I'll give you a fresh perspective: Swedish Moa Hjelmer ran it on 52.35. But her field is 400 meters. Jeilan had only been running 24 laps prior to this epicness. No biggie.



*very

No comments: