Wednesday, July 16, 2008

What if they arrest me?

I always feel a bit stressed waiting for the elevator to transport me down when I run in the stairs.
What if what I’m doing is wrong, what if someone called someone and there are guards ready for me. What if these guards are heavy-geared SWAT.
You can’t run here, it’s China you fool, now let’s go to prison for the rest of your life.
The reason of my alertness is that the construction workers and I usually begin our routine at the same time.
And they love the roof. And I run to the roof. You see the uncanny encounters that can occur here.
Already shared elevator experiences twice with them.
It was horrible.
They saw right through me, where some could be proud and see heroism formed as a real life athlete in action, they only spotted the weird sweaty Swede running up and down some stairs in a service apartment in Shanghai, still troubled from the tales of the outside air and its pollutions.
I’ve noticed a surveillance camera on the 25th floor, so I’m not that far out.

No comments: