Thursday, July 31, 2008

Lost

I can still remember the day at Hollywood DVD like it was yesterday.
I directed our duties like a submarine general.
Ok, I get all the good films – you grab Lost, three and four (everything’s packaged in clever little boxes, containing entire seasons) ingenious way of not screwing things up, right?
EEEH. Wrong.
Where’s season four, I asked her, and was already prepared for her planned joke about “she forgot it” and then surprise me as my tears would start exiting my face with a neat box containing Lost, season four from behind her back, but it never came.
My smile twirled into a blank stare as it realized there wasn’t going to be a direct continuing on season three, which she did buy, and just to use her own words, "deliberately not getting the fourth one straight away, cause we don’t want to jump into it straight after, we’ll need to digest one season at a time, plus we can get the fourth one later."
I’m glad WE wanted it so.
The moment we’d finished season three there wasn’t much eager of “digesting” anything, but by the time we arrived at Hollywood DVD again it was sold out.
What, could there really be some other kids who wanted to see the best TV-series ever? Nooooo. Impossible.
There’s no one else here but us.
So, while someone else is enjoying a sunny Sweden, hanging out with friends, family and Calippo’s, Sandwiches, water from the tap and plockgodis, someone else is here, stuck in Shanghai, with only a long lost feeling of what season four might have been like as a company.
In his mind it’s great and really, really surprising.
Best one ever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmmåååh. Det går bra.