Thursday, December 2, 2010

And then there was Thanksgiving

So last week we celebrated Thanksgiving. It was my first one here, since last time I arrived on this exact date, and simply couldn't be bothered.

Andrea, Bessie and me were the food-responsible's. That meant going up at 10 AM. The day after Sandra lured me out the night before. Damn women, they know their tricks.

We made everything. I really mean everything. When I picked up the Turkey at Whole Foods (we still cooked the damn thing!) I bought stuffing. But oh no, we had to make our own. From scratch. This is roasted veggies though. Carrot, potato and sweet potato, onion and other stuff.

Bessie thought the onion-peel was "beautiful". Yeah. She actually said and thought that.

Carrots nom nom.

We made carrot cake.

Bessie was crazy hot in her tiny little tight outfit. Hard time concentrating at the food. But as a man, I prevailed.

You see.

Andrea wasn't too bad either. Food cooking was suddenly secondary for me.

No one would ever believe Bessie had food in her fridge if i wouldn't have taken a picture of it. So I took one. You're welcome Bess.


Nom nom nom nom.

Then we set the table. Crazy much of yumminess. 

See!

The mashed potato was insane. Probably the best mashed potato in the entire world in the history of all time. (I made it).

Turkey was like, crazy good. Insane. So juicy. I sort of take the honor of this too, as I consider myself as the turkey responsible, plus I got the honor of cutting it. Perfect slices came out. Perfect.

More nom nom nom. Side note is how so many doubted my cooking skills. BAH! Little did they know how I am master of the kitchen.

People were starving so we said, eat.

So we did. And then we drank. And partied like it was 1999. Absolutely amazing day.

No comments: