Friday, August 1, 2008

Got rid of the all-nighter virginity

Were told you’d have at least one during your stay.
The cozy hours spend ‘til the break of dawn and arrival of Ayi.
The sofa looked mighty intriguing, but the urge for a shower and swap clothes was more appealing.
Left right before seven and back at elevenish for my other meeting, which I just read in an email, has been postponed ‘til 5.30pm.
Thinking of sleep brings one of the funniest men alive, Mr. Jim Gaffigan, to light.

Ever been asleep and awaken by a noise and convinced it's someone breaking in your house and they're gonna kill ya?
But instead of getting up and escaping your getting back to bed.
- Ooouoh what is that - a murderer?? I gotta get some sleep.
Can't kill me if I'm asleep.
That ought to be embarassing,
- Heey how did you die?

- Ah I was too lazy to get out of bed. yea I heard the guy in the kitchen, thought I had an hour.

Sleep is too important.
Sleep can make you give up any principle. Have you ever been invited to a thing,
- Hey you wanna help the homeless?
- Yea I wanna help the homeless.
- Meeting at Saturday at 6am.
- Ooo forget the homeless. They'll be homeless in the afternoon too.

I love sleep.
Getting up early for me is a crisis,
- Hey you have to get up Tuesday at 5am.

- OOOH FUCK!
It affects my life.
- Hey you wanna watch a movie?
- Naa I gotta get up on Tuesday, I should get to bed now.

As it is I have to negotiate with myself to get out of bed anyway.
- Alright, here's the deal, me, I'll get up - but I'm not taking a fucking shower.

No comments: