Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Three steps to the left…

At my way t work I always step on the “K”-well in the street. I never miss it. It’s one of my many addictions (this one’s from early teen-days) and although I should, I’m not ashamed of it.
The thing that makes this a bit awkward is that it’s located three steps to the right from the street and as you have to take a quick detour it makes your regular walk look a bit graceless each time you step on it. My (bulletproof-)tactics here is to always try to look puzzled and strangely look as if I have an errand in that direction (maybe I wrinkle my eyebrow, as if thinking is in progress, a silent but visible "aha", perhaps) – and hastily change my mind/direction the second I’ve touched it.

This morning there was a young girl peddling her bike where it is positioned – and I might have to admit I made the wrong decision here, but as I unwisely decided to go for it and commotion struck. The little girl mutely freaked out (maybe she thought I wanted to make a move for her, scare her perhaps, I don’t know*) and fell over – and then I freaked out and ---- walked off.

Not one of my proudest moments, I can admit that, yes, yes I can.


*This is all just speculations, and no your honor, I object! I wasn’t!

No comments: