Thursday, April 2, 2009

Getting pretty scared

This whole running thing is almost getting out of control. And this I say 58 days prior to launch and 2 days after I received the confirmation of my participation.
Not sure I will even make it. Maybe I’ll crash during; explode like a rocket in the beginning and fade out before the second lap (exhausted doh!).

On the bad news scale though; I might have to run with the “elite”. The very best, the top-of-the-world-runners. The ones who set the pace, goes for world record and achieves remarkable.
Fine I thought first, I’d just place myself comfy behind the thrusting group, drag at the back and enjoy the view of disappearing feet.

Then I was told they start approx 20-30 minutes before everyone else, “so they don’t have to get stuck in the wide traffic-jam called 'other runners'". In plain words: people will actually see and notice a poor sod trailing on his own, panting like a stung goat, alone on his way to emptiness. Big (yes loud) DOH!

No comments: