Thursday, July 16, 2009

New York [Fucking] Yankees

Promised myself to enjoy a lot of sport while here. Watched the New York Rangers lose on penalties to Edmonton Oilers on my November visit and that’s about it. Haven’t ventured any amazing arena or seen any obese sportsmen since, which is kind of a let down.

But on Sunday, praise the lord, I will watch the Yankees beat Detroit [whatever their team’s called] on Old Timer’s Day [no idea what that is], just to add some flair to it. Hope is to drink beer out of red plastic mugs, eat greasy hot dog – yelling my order to the pimple-hot-dog-dude across the stands and sit next to a really old antique looking man that constantly talks and explains what’s going on down the pitch [I have no clue how baseball is played, but I’ve watched Charlie Sheen hit hard and Wesley Snipes run fast in a movie].

OK. Tickets aren’t bought yet so this might end up as another failure but I’m sure I’ll find a way to get drunk early on the day anyway.

No comments: