Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Darren: Rating + ♣ reviews of the doormen

Our doorman, Darren is the happiest man in Williamsburg. A very nice chap that never ever shuts his mouth. Rushes up and holds the door, discuss your day/problems/issues/whatever and other hot subjects that people have on mind. We usually talk about running, and I’ve learnt that Darren’s got a bad knee. “No you’re right, Darren, you shouldn’t run with a bad knee, could get a chronic injury and then you’re fucked for life, and then all you’ll ever do with your life is maintaining this damn lobby.” I really don’t say that last part. Damn knees though.

We’ve been discussing Darren from time to time whether he’s got a hinder or not. Forest Gump style, so to speak. Joakim is convinced he has, using the kind words, “No one can ever be so cheerful from standing in a freaking lobby the entire day”, and even if I want to agree I won’t. I like to see that one can be so happy about his work and feels blessed for what he has, not what he misses or could have had. Darren deserves his five out of five ♣♣♣♣♣.

Occasionally there’s the huge other guy I don’t know the name of, sitting in the lobby. He doesn’t get up when you come/leave, he seems to be too busy being neatly placed behind his desk with, what must be, a 4” laptop in front of him. It’s a sight that looks really, really funny and I always silently giggle to myself when I see it. Only that earns him a good three ♣♣♣.

Today was a new younger, kid in lobby. He didn’t speak much. But quick on his feet and good with the door. So a decent two ♣♣ with the chance to elevate his rating by good performance during the summer season.

No comments: