Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Fight Club

Been invited a few times before but been "too busy” or "sorry, lads, I'd love to, but haven't got any workout gears with".
But I have sneaked up to the roof and peeked while the big boys do their workout.
And it has always looked like one hell of a workout. They box and punch bags and pads, run in a ferocious tempo and always finish with the always-grim Circuit.
And yesterday it was my turn to join.
I had (mentally) prepared for weeks and kept my spare-away-Man U-kit in my drawer to eliminate poor excuses.
And as the buzzing alarm clock opened this morning, reminding me of my morning run; I could barely stretch out to shut it off.
Every part and every limb in my body was screaming and muscles I didn’t even know existed pounded on the sore-door.
Typing this is quite an effort, but damn, it was a good exercise.

No comments: