Monday, June 9, 2008

One more day

Our Monday was an extra national holiday so it was a great three-day weekend.
I celebrated by going nuts at my favorite fake market, Feng Shin Plaza and just last night overstuffing myself at Coconut Paradise.
The only I know of, and by far, best Thai joint this city has to offer.
But first, shopping.
I even made a list of what to buy so I could leave with a light conscience and without the excess stuff I really don’t need.
But now it’s like I feel like I’ve almost grown friends with them, greeting them and the occasional handshake here buying the extra pair of undies there and two more piké there, hey lovely shirt you got there – desperately need three of those.
And so this goes on.
Sometimes I can get the notion that it’s my duty to buy stuff.
How will they else survive.

No comments: