Monday, November 16, 2009

Body-aching

Since I woke up on Sunday, my body has been letting me know something is wrong. At first I thought it was just a simple, hangover-ache; that your body's been caught sleeping in some awkwardly weird position and now, on your last day of rest before a gruel workweek, you were sure of not getting the proper rest. This was something this weird body-aching was going to ensure. Day went on, stretching occurred, momentarily and abruptly, but nothing worked. Body was in severe pain. Woke up, Monday morning, body still in obnoxious pain. Or aching, the word is really, aching. Then I started to think about when was the last time I suffered something resembling to this. And then it hit me. Delayed onset muscle soreness. Plain, old fashioned, delayed onset muscle soreness. But what had I done, that could cause all this, I asked myself. Nothing, really.

Friday, calmest night ever. Take-away, Idol and then nothing at Victor’s.
Saturday, went bowling and then a ferocious poker-evening at Erik (I finished fourth, thank you very much – in company of real pro’s), but even if I try – like really try – I couldn’t fully accept poker as being demanding on your body. Stop. Reverse. Wait a minute. Could this be it? Bowling? Seriously? Yes. Of course it was. I got delayed onset muscle soreness – from bowling. This is when you know you’re in shape. Real fit.

No comments: