Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Swimming!

Swimming is great. Perhaps the best sport/activity of all. It is the only sport/activity in the whole wide world that exercises every single muscle in your body simultaneously.

We have a pool in our building so I will from now on swim every other day. The other every other day I will continue to run. Diversity is my ally. I can’t hit the gym (just can’t) so this will be grand and before Christmas my body will look like Hercules’. After the first try I have to admit that it feels beyond great. I am absolutely invigorated. All is bliss. And ache. Hence I haven’t really stretched my muscles for a couple of dozens years, the ache is immense.

I am not a good swimmer but since it was early dawn and I was alone in the pool I couldn’t care less. Crawling made me look like drowning and I almost did. Swallowing water like a stupid whale. Which would be fine if I had those damn exhale holes that they got, but I don’t. So it was breaststrokes. Fine. I look like a dork. Now, if only I had those nerdy looking goggles to go with my upcoming new incredibly fit swimming muscled body I would look as invincible as I feel.

No comments: