Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Another day in paradise

I was more referring to Phil Collins than the city, but it works either way.
Look, they even make road—constructions festive. Decided to uncover new areas around Tokyo - trickier than you expect, especially if you have to keep as straight line as possible when you walk - but thought of a Japanese proverb "you must sometimes get lost in order to find new ways".
And walked where billboards shine and people crowd - forget whatever I've mentioned here before about 'calm'.Discovered, what Japanese call*,"The hidden treasures of Tokyo, behind busy traffic and noisy tourists".Here is a place to have dinner, I thought and went back a few hours later when I was hungry, and managed to sit down at the only empty restaurant in Tokyo.A bit of a disappointment, but then again, fuck it, I was happy a moment after when I noticed H&M (almost felt like home!) entered and it was nothing like home (H&M is really popluar here).
– A loooot of Japanese inside and a long queue outside.
Only to discover this fascinating store. I felt blessed, and got, disappointed, at the UNIQLO store, it didn’t quite reflect their communication so to speak.Then I went home again!

*No they don’t.

No comments: