Thursday, September 4, 2008

More people and a small beer

Her friends arrived after our dinner yesterday and we had some beers together. It was, what I guess you in mature relationships would call, “really nice”.
But all I could think of was the lack of ice cream I had planned to devour together with a film that night, and then I swallowed my grief with another beer.
A small beer.
Yesterday’s bravado had put my guilty conscience in motion and I didn’t want to upset it too much.
“Don’t drink too much, you’ll be too tired tomorrow morning for your ridiculous stair running, and you wanna look fucking splendid, right?” I whispered to my mind and ordered the “warm brownie with chocolate sauce”, that of course was a tragedy; deserts seem to be a mismatch of readymade food here, and particularly chocolate cakes. They have the same savor as dirt.
I’m what we can call, yet to be pleasantly surprised about deserts here.
We talked during the evening (you have to, It’s “polite”) and I found out two things about the two new settlers here in China.
Petter didn’t like Chinese food and asked for every western cuisine we knew. Pauline didn’t like Chinese so much either and also wanted to know the whereabouts about these places.
They are going to stay here for “at least a year”.
This is my, for the Wednesday in honor, second pizza-meal of the day.

No comments: