Saturday, January 16, 2010

IKEA trip WIN/♥

Cris and I decided to spend the entire Saturday at IKEA: Home of Swedish inventiveness, cheapness and meatballs & Daim abroad. Come along for our NYC Water Taxi ride.

We started out by being late so we hurried down to catch the ferry. It is free and goes straight to IKEA. We LOVE that ♥.

Manhattan looks absolutely lovely from the sea. We love that too ♥.

I have never seen Manhattan from this view and boy was I stunned with awe ♥.

As far as I'm concerned: this is the most beautiful bridge in the world ♥.

YES ♥.

Greatest city in the world ♥.

OK. This is by far the greatest disappointment of the day: it is the Statue Of Liberty - and it is quite close. Problem is the mobile phone refuses to recognize it. ZoomFAIL.

Then we pulled in to some weird dock, eeh, but wait. Isn't that...

But yes. Yes it was - is - IKEA.

Maybe it was the sun, the boat-ride, the everything - but it is by far one of my happiest days here in New York. I felt so completely... like a kid going to the candy store (aouh, candy...) and wanted to buy everything. Yes. We had meatballs with mashed potatoes for lunch. Daim cake for dessert? (Rhetorical question). ♥

When we went home it had almost gotten dark. I did my math and realized I had bought things for 50 000 Swedish Kronor ($5000) and things didn't feel so fun anymore. It was a punctured lung-feeling coming over you like a wave on a mission. Mood slowly decreased when I realized I counted wrong. Things cost $514 - all was fine. I smiled and acknowledged this day to be the best day since... something else that was better than today. ♥.

We step off the boat on Manhattan side, and that's also where the trouble began. Our (my) stuff was so heavy it was a joke. Thing is, in order to go on to the free ferry back you have to be able to 'easily carry' your stuff on board, or something like that, which we really - really - did our best to achieve. Carrying it home, from pier to apartment was insane. So heavy! Thought I would collapse. Multiple times.

Well at home (we did it!) I immediately started screwing and putting things together. My desk looks great but my chair looks half-great. You see, apparently chair and legs are sold separately. SittingComfortableBehindDesk FAIL. But all-in-all - an absolutely great day. I am so going back tomorrow again. No joke.

No comments: