Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Two white weekends in a row

In Sweden when you manage to stay sober for a full weekend we call it "White Weekend". It is usually celebrated with the random mocking and downplay. All good.

So I had two now. In a row. Guess it's some sort of release since Christmas and New Year that were as nice and awesome as intense. Letting your body recharge again has been absolutely great, e.g. there's no way I'd managed two consecutive days at IKEA with booze in my body.

Or did I make it?

Just now I came back after a perfect get together with Jon. Good ol' pal from Amsterdam. My #1 Swede in NYC. The man with the plan and internet-joke. Thing is - meeting him equals alcohol. So I had a beer for burger. Then a few more. Then we went to his fav bar for more beer and - yes - they had some warm apple punch thingie (smelled like glögg) so we had a bunch of those. Super nice. Unsure if this cracked my white weekend though. I still consider it as one. But to be fair and honest - when is enough too much?

It is another week - even though Monday is counted for the same weekend since it was a day off (thank you for having a birthday Martin Luther King) but on another level - a new - the next week. Hmm. Not sure. I vote for both Pedro and white weekend WIN. If I manage to swim tomorrow it'll confirm it.

No comments: