Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Oh crap, I’ve done it again

I’ve done it again. I miserably fail every time when it comes to new great music. That never fails. Whenever I find a new song, a new group or anything of such, I completely over-listen to them so much it’s crazy. I know I will get sick and tired of the song and should stop. Every bone and emotion in me screams at me. Telling me to stop. Shut it off.

I know I will ruin the song. Completely. I don't want to but I can't help it. Like poison. I don’t want to get tired of it. I want it to last forever. That I will feel the exact same way as I did the first and the tenth time, as I’ll do in a year. The song I’m ruining now is For Real with Okkervil River. No, they’re not new at all; they’ve been dozing off my playlist for quite some time now actually. Just waiting for their chance to snap-attack me and hit me with intense force. So they did. Boom. Now they’re on my running-playlist and I will kill the song.

Funny thing right now, when looking for their live-performance is the first time I’ve actually seen them. Didn’t look at all as I pictured them. Quite the contrary. Cute though. Which is enough.


Album version:


The song I fell in love with first is way to depressing. But it's awesome.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The name of the song is "For Real."

christian said...

you couldn't be more right - corrected.