Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Blanking out

Realized swimming is (almost) like running (only extremely more difficult, technically advanced and way more exhausting). BUT. Besides that they both revolve around the same thing for me. Blanking out.. Or... I just realized I'm lying when I type this; even though I actually thought it when I swam today. .

OK I wish swimming was more like running sometimes. They have their similarities, yes, but where running is the perfect escape into nothingness and I can totally blank out, a place to think about nothing and everything - usually about winning the Marathon and recently - Triathlon - swimming is quite the contrary. I don't blank out when I swim. I have actually never been more focused. I am like an intense ninja on secret mission. One bad move and I'll drown (literally). Need to stay sharp to get every stroke right, every breath in sync with the strokes and the constant paddling with the feet - I mean - I have trouble eating and chewing at the same time (simultaneous capacity mega FAIL).

HA. I just realized that they complement each other. WIN.

No comments: