Thursday, February 11, 2010

Twisting & Turning

Out of nothing. Absofuckinglutely nothing, I suddenly twisted and turned in the pool. I did it! Multiple times. In a row, too! Completing lap after lap without pausing (which is otherwise accompanied by adjusting your goggles, touching your shoulders or anything else that makes that pause seem planned - and not cause you don't know how to twist & turn). But now I was a full-on swimmer. An Olympic aspirant.
Wish someone would have filmed me so I could see myself cruising that pool, owning those turns.
What everyone had failed to inform me though - what no one had told me - is that doing this prevents the pausing i.e. resting. Catching your breath. Getting back into the game again. Getting ready for the next lap.
I mean seriously. Do you know how exhausting this shit is? Seriously. Four laps later and you're in worse condition than fuck.
If it wasn't for Hercules...

1 comment:

christian said...

ha ha. jag vet. sanslost bra.