Thursday, November 27, 2008

Underestimated

Lately I’ve been having a lot of…spare time, so to speak. Not doing anything forces a great deal of strange habits. Watching the Ellen Show to mention one.
Which isn’t so weird to be honest. It’s actually amongst the top talk shows in the US. Letterman, unquestionable first, Conan of course, the guy who fucked Ben Affleck, but I mean she beats Jaws by far.
So what’s so strange about it then one might ask and refer to my opening of this note.
Well. My friends and I were sitting talking, and for whatever reason the Ellen Show came up as topic of discussion. And everyone unanimously agreed she was a second-class talk show host and everyone who came to her show was either a second-class celeb, or being cruelly punished for something they’d done in their career, at a celeb-party or having humped the wrong spouse of someone top-exec somewhere.
And I quietly nod my head in agreement. Like a lousy, coward dog I didn’t step up (or spoke up) and told them they were wrong. That the Ellen show is actually one of the most underestimated shows in television and way better than Jaws and (probably) only beaten by a few better shows.
But I didn’t. I never want to experience that chap again.
So here’s her redemption. At a widely read blog. This one’s for you, Ellen.
You’re funny.

No comments: