Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Ping-Pong MISS

The Great Bet has taken place during entire January: If I beat Sebastian over three sets - he'll buy me lunch for a week. If I fail - I pay his lunch for a week. I haven't mentioned it here cause I didn't want to jinx it. Although as I have done it on Twitter - that must be the reason I failed. It's been unbelievable. Unbelievable and unlucky. And shamefully.

Been the clearly better player; yet I have failed to live up to the hype that ensues the Captain of The Ping-Pong Team. Choked more times than people have breathed. In the history of time.

Worst game was 1-1 in sets and even score at 19-19 (true story!). Only thing left for me to do is just keep trucking. Keep delivering killer-smashes, power-backhands and unexpected stop-balls. Needless to say I utterly choked. FAIL big time. It's depressing just to type this so I won't.

As January ran out of days and ping-pong matches we had both amped up for our final game. On the last day of January (at the office January 29 that is), I asked for one more game in February - since we hadn't found time for our last game - which in my sense is mandatory- but Sebastian The Coward, cowardly denied me the opportunity and Christian The Man of Honor accepted my defeat and am now buying Sebastian The Annoying lunch every day of this week.

Did I say the worst part was the 1-1 at the score of 19-19? Oh no. Allow me to correct that. Yesterday - at the first day at the office in the month of February - we played ping-pong again (difficult to break old habits) and I completely crushed him. Two straight sets. BOOM. Just as it should be. What it counts for? Nothing at god damn all.

No comments: