Monday, October 22, 2012

The Debate is starting shortly

And I just kicked off my running shoes and skipped postponed my run ti later for it. I'm feeling all political this year. Cause it's important. Or, as this post I just saw on FB:


"What I'm sick of is all the people on Facebook complaining that other people on Facebook are posting too much stuff about politics. This election is important, man, way fucking more important than the picture of the organic peach-apple cobbler from your cousin's wedding that you just posted or whatever. And bowing out of political opinion due to your own ignorance of the candidates and their positions is a bullshit excuse. Do some reading, learn some shit! We are this fucking close to having a president who wants to ABOLISH ABORTION, among a whole list of other destructive and insane shit. This is not okay! Not being "interested" in politics/the election is essentially the same thing as saying you don't care about other people.
You know what else I'm sick of? Republicans who think they should get respect from their liberal friends for being "socially liberal but fiscally conservative." You know what that says to me? It says you're a rich kid who cares more about his own wallet than whether women have a right to decide what to do with their own bodies. It says to me that you care more maintaining your own wealth at the expense of 99% of the country than you do about whether your gay friends have have basic human rights. Selfish assholes!
Okay, I need a drink."

No comments: