Monday, January 19, 2009

Don’t just sit there; you're in London - do something

Arrived today and everything was just as when I left it. Not raining, but a constant drizzling that keeps the streets wet and the weather was just slightly colder than you wish to remember.
Aa how I love London.
Rushed to my first meeting that turned out to be postponed. The assistant hadn’t told me that the main man had left a day earlier and I told her it was fine, don’t worry about it and went to the nearest café to drain my sorrows where no one would notice. A half-nice latte and Esquire was my company.
I didn’t want to ponder the streets with my luggage and Kongo didn’t finish until very much later. So I remained for a while.
And after a good four hours I decided the ‘while’ was over, a cup of coffee can only keep the baristas satisfied for so long, and left for the nearest tube-station.
Another good two hours later I had finally found the Kings Cross-station and was finally on the right line directed home to see Kongo and Josefine.
After a communication error (who the hell changes the direction of a train halfway!?) I got off and changed train/line again. This time on the even more right one than the previous.
They greeted me with warm smiles and hot pad-thai as I arrived and stepped into their apartment and all of the sudden it felt very easy to forget about any disturbance you might have experienced during this long day.
I love London. And it’s gonna be an awesome trip.

No comments: