Sunday, August 23, 2009

Lé last Weekend

Friday kicked off and elevated pretty rapid. Frying Pan and way too many pitchers of beer with Oskar and his two lady friends that was later followed by Sweet and Vicious and, of course, Max Fish. Being outrageously tired – PLUS – the hugely important ping-pong tournament on Saturday I went home at two. “Impressive Christian, very impressive.”

Woke up five hours too early but had trouble grasping the time and somehow managed to be late to the tournament anyway. “Captain late. Unacceptable!” was Jakob’s response and when finally there. I choked. Don’t know what happened but when it was needed I failed to deliver my most inspiring A-game. Fortunately, it was free bar so I hid the shame and uncomforting with the help of that. After elimination it was very little left to do so we went to watch football in China Town and Blatte United beat…another team, 5-4 and then Domingo and I had Vietnamese for dinner. Quick shower + change and off to David’s farewell party. It was grand. Then Jane’s Ballroom and a quick shish kebab before home. Woke up too early on Sunday but seized the moment and went into town.

Lunch with Oskar and then an unparalleled tuxedo-hunt that I wish no man will ever have to do again. Failed to find an impeccable one + the right size + the right price and is still in doubt which one to buy. However, we did manage to see the entire Manhattan, including Central Park (they had no tuxedos) and the amazing dinner at Gonzales Gonzales. Crazy place on Broadway where people sat who obviously hadn’t been anywhere else that day, especially no tuxedo hunting and they even showed Silence of The Lambs on the tele. As said; amazing. Wanted to see Inglorious Basterds but it was full. Coffee and train home and I forgot that I should be hung over today. I seriously don’t want to leave on Thursday.

No comments: