Sunday, August 9, 2009

PS1 + beer in brown paper bag – finally X2!

I finally went. Been meaning to go for a while now, so I’m extremely happy and proud of myself for finally going to the PS1 day-party at Moma, in Queens. And it was spectacular. Tons of people just min-numbly dancing to the rhythm of weird techno (usually not my choice of tunes but this is a place that encourage you to follow – not lead) so we did.

But the Saturday bliss didn’t begin there. No it started in Fort Greene Park (apparenlty the same as 'Washington Park' to my taxi-driver's big upset as I tried to direct the route without ever being there before in my life) where a bunch of people were having a delicious picnic (gracias, Dana) and Thea, Domingo, Alex and I went to share some joy and drink some beer. So we did. And I drank beer from a brown paper bag for the first time and felt absolutely great about it. My best #1 New York moment thus far - perhaps in competition with walking-between-subway-cars of course, but still. Magic moment.

Then we accompanied Vida home so she could change (girls!) and meanwhile we played ping-pong in her amazing apartment. It was grand. And it was then we left for PS1 and danced until the sun set. We actually entered the museum as well and I tested a bed, which apparently was a “piece of art” (artists!) to the big abhor of museum-security. Then we all squeezed into a taxi and tried to find dinner and beer, which turned out to be trickier than expected but finally managed and went to my terrace to enjoy a delicious meal while getting absolutely hammered. And that was almost the end of that evening.

No comments: