Sunday, June 29, 2008

Rain and comics

We had a fantastic day yesterday. The sun was shining, people were smiling and kids were bathing.
Only problem was we were working the whole day. So I was forced to witness this spectacle from the inside of an office window.
Ok I guess, could’ve been worse, it could’ve been sunshine today as well and another day of sitting inside with a bright glow staring at you with a glimmering that says, hey there buddy come out and play, it’ll be alright, it’s warm.
Fortunately it doesn’t; the rain is back.
I still like rain, makes me remember rainy days spent in our country house in the Swedish archipelago when we were kids.
We had the biggest, meanest basket of magazines and comic books in the whole wide world. You could take a dip in it but cautious so you didn’t drown in the rich mix of Phantoms, X-Men or Donald Ducks.
Killing freezing hours, concealing clouding days and sheltering from rainy weeks were done with passive ease and absolute pleasure.
Wish I could read mandarin and almost makes me want to travel back in time, cause those were the days.

No comments: