Sunday, July 6, 2008

Threw up twice

Got all dizzy after the third lap of stair running.
Like I wanted to puke.
But the immediate connection between morning sickness and pregnancy were a bit too closely related, so I shook it off with another two laps.
We athletes can’t just cave in to simple human behavior.
And I hate throwing up. Worse thing in the whole wide world.
But the extra laps wasn't doing anything to prevent my eerie sickness. So after I had thrown up – twice* – I didn’t feel like the big athlete anymore. More like a very, very, pathetic small boy in desperate need of a hug, or maybe just a tiny pat, perhaps on the head or on one of my shoulders.

*I've thrown up twice on two different occasions here now. Both times occurred very closely to alcohol consumption, i.e. the day after, but to claim any serious associations here is quite impossible, leave it as merely vague assumptions.

No comments: