Monday, January 4, 2010

A better life

Not a man of resolutions or vows – they’ll soon break anyway. Living my life by two rules in my rule-free life – never regret and never complain. Yup, all the clichés – you can’t change what has happened so no need to worry about it. Take lesson but don’t feel remorse. Yadi-yadi-yadi.

Like getting in shape – doing my best but continuously fail. So no need to promise anything here, no. Main foe is the sweet tooth. See, I have no problem consuming overloads of ice creams or candy (what I consider the main hurdle between Hercules and me – plus the fact I hate – wrong despise – gyms and fitness centers – but lets ignore that for now).

Until now. Suddenly – and with no real reason or motivation, I found myself having been without candy for three weeks. Everyone who has ever been addicted to candy knows this time is the hardest part. Getting rid of the immediate cravings. So I saw it as a blessing (no religious man, but thank you god). Feels like it could succeed this time. I mean, been doing this on/off with sweets for ten or so years with little or no result, so no special hopes this time – but strangely it just feels different. Plus I got the pool here now (hello impending muscles). So who knows if it’s “Hercules!?” girls & boys will scream in hopes and joy when I’ll wander down the beach in my sarong and shoulder-long hair all oily and tan. After all it’s over nine months since my last bite on anything resembling a candy. Ice cream is very much excluded.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey christian,

I started reading your blog a few months ago and I really enjoy it.
especially this post .haha.


keep it up!

x

felicia

christian said...

thank you. will do my best ;p