Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Swim fail

Was crushed today in the pool by an Asian dude. Lately the pool has been pretty empty, which must be much due to the weather (everyone wants to be outside) leaving the pool pretty much for yourself.
Lovely.

But today this guy was doing lap after lap. Fast. Smooth. And with fucking excellent grace.

I hate entering the pool at those moments. Most and foremost cause I like to consider myself as someone who looks like he knows how to swim. Swim hat, swim goggles. You know. All you need to be a Phelps. But I'm not. I suck. This technique you're suppose to have when swimming is something I still very much struggle with. I dream of winning the Olympics, but am content if I don't drown.

Today this Asian dude was killing me. Physically, and mentally. It wasn't so fun to swim next to him. A lot of adjusting the goggles to catch some rest, I can tell you that. Fuck.

Need to take swim lessons. Seriously.

No comments: