Sunday, September 14, 2008

Game disappointment

Hurried to watch the game and arrived completely drenched to a completely packed Irish pub.
“Wow, cool, many United or Liverpool supporters”, briefly went through my mind as I entered, only to discover that New Zeeland met Australia in Rugby.
And apparently that’s more entertaining than football (I know you're thinking - "huge WTF!?", and so did I).
Rushed to crazy sportbar O’Malley’s, “Now that’s a safe-bet, nothing can go wrong there” I pleasantly mumbled to myself and discovered someone had rented the place for a Swedish Crayfish party, now I’m not the type of guy who usually turns down a Swedish crayfish party (I must have matched the profile, cause I was let in on the strictly limited guest list).
But I wanted football. And a beer or two. Preferable twenty.
Then pretty-boy Mats called and said his two Swedish friends were here and ready to party.
So I tagged along, got absolutely hammered, and in reflection pleasantly missed to see United failing at Anfield for the first time in nine years.

No comments: