Wednesday, March 17, 2010

"I'll eat you up, I love you so"

First time I cried was when Max told his mom the story about the vampire whose teeth were dropping out so all his vampire friends left him alone.

I wish everyone could have at least a tiny bit of Max's imagination. Everyone should always dream away to another wonderful place where they're kings.
But regardless where you go, trouble has a way of finding you. Cause even in your wildest dreams people's feelings get hurt. People feel, people hate, people love.

This was probably the best and most important movie of 2009 for me (that I saw now). But just because it has realness to it, people missed it and judged it for being too depressing. Wrongly. It's just life. Full of everything. Besides, it's not a children's film; it is for the child that's in us. LOVE that he managed to capture a lifetime of emotions, ups and downs in one movei that takes place during a few days. I can't believe it took me so long to see it. Maybe I took it for granted. Big up fucking props to Karen O And The Kids too. Wouldn't have been the same without you. To say the least.

Second time was when KW says to Max, "Don't go. I'll eat you up, I love you so." But I was kinda anxiously anticipating that one.

You know exactly why.

No comments: