Thursday, June 18, 2009

4th of July + Weekend + Las Vegas

A sentence to summarize my plans, ambitions and whereabouts for the impending holiday. Been planning this trip to Las Vegas since January (actually since we put feet on Swedish soil since last time). But then I wasn’t sure from where I would book the flight (destination was very much pre-determined) so I waited. And waited, and then, when the prices were high enough I thought about it for a while, just to make sure, and waited some more. It was ridiculous; the price skyrocketed during the few hours I contemplated. But I feel very proud over my mature decision though. Spending time in this American institute during a special holiday like this. Blessed might be the word actually. Proud and blessed.

I’ve been once and I didn’t want to leave when my flight left at 7am. My friends had to drag me back to our suite and packed the bag for me. It is still, by far, the worse flight I’ve ever been at. Believe me it had nothing to do with a terrible pilot (he's actually my #1 if someone would ever ask me to rank pilots I've flown with). Drunk out of my mind at absolutely gone mentally (no, no drugs) couldn’t count (didn’t know) which time zone we were in. Or why. Switched flight in New York (yieeiy, little did I know then) and I felt exactly like Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas when I woke up. Or up? Up, down, left, down, turn, bottom, up again, time difference, find the next plane, I was anything but right. Best pilot ever though. When we were about to touch ground he blurred out connecting flight numbers for despaired passengers, gave us URL’s with maps over the terminals and lit the lights above the heads of those who were in most time need. I remember I couldn’t tell if my light was lit or if I was still dreaming. Unbearable. Ran around like a stung chicken in circles and even stood in those sloooow snake-look-alike-lines to ask for assistance. Got it and I was two gates and an entire hour away from mine.

“But where are you going with this story, Christian!?”

Dunno. Except it’s heaven on earth. Especially for a few, very few – not too many days. David is taking his virginity there now and I think he’s twice as excited as I. His FB-status functions as a personal ticker, slowly counting down the days. Oh, did I mention we’re staying at Wynn this time (last time, Bellagio – yes, very Vegas, thanks). In so many words; wynn/wynn.

2 comments:

Ludde said...

jag antar att du har sett explainthisimage.com? de mest fantastiska bilderna någonsin.

exempel:

http://explainthisimage.com/unexplainable-photo/698-hehehe-it-39-s-not-rape-i
http://explainthisimage.com/unexplainable-photo/652-o-the-dragons-balls-were-bl
http://explainthisimage.com/unexplainable-photo/700-just-as-planned

LYSANDE.

christian said...

LOL alltså största LOL jag nånsin vart med om. helt magiskt ju. inte sett förut. måste. klicka. på. varenda. bild.