Wednesday, September 30, 2009

#FF

I received my very first Follow Friday on Twitter yesterday (and before long more people re-tweeted that #FF; consequently making me feel popular). #FF is the tweeting way of saying that you’re worthy of following. I now feel part of the club (and this is worthy of a modest hurrah! I believe: hurrah!).

Twitter is very funny btw, very much too often it’s misused in order to sell-sell-sell, which is clearly not the purpose but rather keep it as an open stream of interesting, funny, essential, vital and inane news/stories/updates/feeds/whatever. Too many companies also take this way too literal and simply follow people they shouldn’t.

Like Apple. Now, we love Apple, but when I tweet that 'putting on the alcoholic-fueled hand-disinfection-gel and then eating an apple wasn’t such a clever thing' and they immediately follow you - you instantly – although – momentarily – question their genius.

No comments: