Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I’m quietly judging you

On my way to work, shopping fake-clothes, buying a coke, or even running in ridiculous stairs, I am constantly judging people.
It amuses me.
There’s an old lady sitting on a bench with a something in her hand. She wears a hat, but it’s not sunny.
She’s most likely escaped from the hospital and that’s a squirrel she caught - she’s got super-fast reflexes, and as she now considers if she’s going to eat it raw or if it's worth finding a stove and cook it, I quietly judge her.
I know this isn’t true, and it doesn’t always go so far or weird.
Sometimes I can just make up my mind about the guy hurrying from a building to a taxi.
He’s obviously been cheating on his wife and is in a hurry back to his office so he can call her from the office phone and tell her that the meeting was boring and he almost certainly wants stew for dinner.
He knows that eliminating the traces he’s afraid she’s caught up with is crucial.
I won’t hold or show any grudge or harsh judgments against this guy or anyone else. As soon as I hear, learn or experience anything that contradicts my version of the situation or person, I simply change.He’s probably a very decent guy, doesn’t even like stew.
I do it simply because I can and because it amuses me.
It’s just as Tom Cruise’s character, Frank T.J. Mackey, in Magnolia (on a very different subject) explains so well in the interview.
I’m quietly judging you.

No comments: