Friday, May 30, 2008

Winning is everything and nothing else matters

Watched We are Marshall the other day. Actually, I never finished it, had to run out and do something important *.
Nonetheless, it’s a great movie about bringing the American patriotism and team spirit to another, higher level. Giving it a new, fresh touch that reassures and reminds everyone that there are no greater people in the world than US citizens and nothing else matters.
What we do in life...echoes in eternity.
They roar and we think they're a bit silly.
Hush, calm down, theeere you go.

But I have to admit, I can be a total sucker for these movies.
I had goose-bums all over my body every-single-second on my virginity of Armageddon.
When Independence crashed I wasn’t sure where I was, I tore my hair, jumping, wanted to bite some weird parts of my body and tear my hair in desperation.
It's too much, unimaginable, they're our heroes.
The block of surreal excitement hitting you in full velocity can only be done from the masters in Hollywood.
Surrender. 'Cause you need that sometimes.
There are some master chiefs in plastic-land, Bay and Scott to mention three. They guarantee entertainment.
And isn’t just that exactly what movies should be all about sometimes.

*No I didn't

No comments: