Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Crazy feeling

Watching the Chelsea-Barcelona game in the conference room and mood is gradually going down, hopes slowly fading. The passes won’t get through; the referee verdicts aren’t in Barca’s favor (or perhaps they were – could honestly have been given a penalty or two against them there), not to mention how the area of the pitch have been a constant opponent since even before they touched British soil (Stamford Bridge’s approx 250 m2 smaller than Camp Nou, i.e. slightly less playroom for Messi and the boys). Then the red card.

All this after the immense performance against their antagonists’ from Madrid. I kept repeating the words I’ve heard all Barca player’s been saying when asked “who has impressed you the most and really reached next level, this season”, and where the obvious answer would have been “Messi”, they’ve all replied in choir “Iniesta” (even Messi).

So as I was starting to chew my lip off (honestly I did – I’ve got blood to prove it) I changed perspective and imagined that Barca would score right now instead of the repetitive misses. Big brushy smile materialized in my torn-up face and the most soothing feeling emerged. I felt so nicely calm.

You all know what happened in the 2nd overtime-minute, and I won’t ask for a “thank you” or a box of chocolate as a small token of appreciation. Perhaps a simple “wow” is best used, "Jedi-mind-tricks do work, and you must be Yoda."

No comments: