Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Eye of the tiger

I had just finished Rocky III and had visible goose bum all over my skin. Never had I seen such grace and athletics glued together by immense bravery and courage. All impersonated by this tiny man.

And now, as he had beaten the contender and obvious threat to the entire US nations, Mr T, the music emerged. Oh dear lord. Still to this date my biggest music influential moment when Survivor hit those cords.

And here’s when my early producing/develop-skills began and ended on the same evening. I plugged in a cassette tape in my record player, placed it next to the TV and told everyone in the apartment to be absolutely quiet.

I had to redo it over-and-over again… but the sound just wouldn’t stick to it the way it was on the TV. It sounded like it was trapped in a box. I was as furious as naively persistent.

But by the time night came, my mom gently tapped me on the shoulder and said it was time for bed and that it was a new day tomorrow. Parents. Never do they fully understand or appreciate the value of literally seizing the day.

No comments: