Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Woke up to the sound of Alamo

The rain was pouring down and I wondered how this happened. Very odd. The sun‘s been so kind for the past couple of days but then I noticed that my tree I’ve placed o my terrace might actually enjoy this. It might be a small, but a very distinct display of affection from my side when I placed it there. Our other tree, in the living room, was dying; with only one sorry leaf left and to end his suffering would be much appreciated on his behalf. Then laziness showed up and I decided to place it on the balcony instead. Now, a month later the tree is revitalized and blooming like never before.

As I contemplated about this, running felt very much like a poor decision and I changed my alarm and went back to sleep. Or should I. no legit reason was to be found; rain is only wet and things starting spinning inside the tiny little head. “Well I was up at 2am helping Sandra – I deserve a little sleep” I decided and very much leaned down on the pillow again.

Twenty minutes later I realized that too much thinking obstructed sleep and I went for a run. And it was fantastic. Perhaps my best one since arrival. I won the Olympics (still in Beijing oddly enough), Marathon (New York) and even the World Championships in Athletics in Berlin. I was supreme. And wet. Once again it only proves that not a single time do you regret going for a run but always regret the ones you skip.

No comments: